Mors Furniture For Less – Ben Mor Cables Inc 90237 "Strata" Medium Duty Clothesline KIT – Honor-title, or the Curtain before the Theatre of Stock-Tableaus, depicted with the Brokerage of Green and Barren Times, or Mirror of the Paper-World
Mors Furniture For Less
- In typesetting, furniture is a term for pieces of wood that are shorter than the height of the type. These pieces are used to layout type by blocking out empty spaces (white space) in a layout set in a chase.
- furnishings that make a room or other area ready for occupancy; "they had too much furniture for the small apartment"; "there was only one piece of furniture in the room"
- Furniture (probably from the French 'fournir' — to provide) is the mass noun for the movable objects ('mobile' in Latin languages) intended to support various human activities such as seating and sleeping in beds, to hold objects at a convenient height for work using horizontal surfaces above
- Furniture was a British pop band, active from 1979 to 1991 and best known for their 1986 Top 30 hit "Brilliant Mind".
- Moers (Mors, Mors; Dutch: Murse, Murs or Meurs in older texts is a city on the left bank of the Rhine.
- Mors or Morso is a 367.7 square kilometer large land locked island in the shallow sound called Limfjorden in Denmark. The main town on the island is called Nykobing Mors. Geologically Mors is unique.
- (Roman mythology) Roman god of death; counterpart of Thanatos
- The Military Operations Research Society (MORS) is a society for professionals active within defense applications of operations research (OR) in the United States.
Eere-Titel, of Gordyn voor het SCHOUBURG der ACTIE-Tafereelen, beschilderd met de ACTIE WlNKEL des Groenen en Dorren TYDS Of SPIEGEL des PAPIEREN WAERELDS.
[Title (page) of Honour, or Curtain before the Theatre of the Action Plays, representing the Action Shop of the Green and Barren Times; or Mirror of the Paper World.]
"Gryn Chagrin", or Grizzled Regret, holds a mirror before the face of a youth, the "Young Coward" or speculator, who doesn’t want to look. Before the youth is a great globe, the"Geactioneerde Waereld" (World of Shares, or Stock); he points to a place on which is "ik zie alles verkeerd" (I see everything wrong); faces of men in distress are engraved on the globe, which is encircled by a serpent with its tail in its mouth, to which the inscription refers:
"De Windverkooper imiteerd / Dit dier het geen zig zelf verteerd".
[The Wind-seller (Share-dealer) imitates this animal, which itself consumes.]
On the globe is engraved, near the sun’s place:
"De Zon ging vrolyk op / Maar drukt in’t Westen menigs hop".
[The sun rose with much zest / but crushed the hopes of many in the West.]
The background is an Actie-winkel (a shares-shop) displaying "Actien in Blanco" (Shares not yet in stock); a poster announces "Dese Winkel word uit verkost / ‘t Huis te huur terstond in te vaaren." (This Shop is selling out. This House for rent, ready to move in anytime.)
Below this group is a tomb, inscribed CRYPT OF THE UNFORTUNATE STOCK-JOBBER; likewise with the legend "MORS ACTIONVM ULTRIX” (Death revenges Stock)
A “Wreath of Honor” surrounds the picture. It is decorated with objects, some representing either the coats of arms or the principal industries of the cities associated with stock-jobbery or companies set up during the bubble. Thus the title:
"Een schoone Lofkrans deese onse Actie Winkel cierd
Met planten, meubilen en veelerly gediert"
[A lovely Laurel our Stock Shop features, adorned with Plants, Furniture, and diverse Creatures.]
Details are below, followed by a description in verse, and finally list of shares in fictitious commodities, many being puns (again) of "notorious" cities.
At the top of the "wreath", or frame, is a young bull’s head, thus referred to:
"Ik ben de Hopman van de dommen
Doch won daar door van Vossen groote sommen".
[Edam] [I am the Captain of the Dummies,
but from the Foxes I won loadsa Money]
Next, on our left, is the head of a crane devouring a frog, with:
"Ik gryp vast aas, dock ik voorspel / Een onbeHaagelyk gequel
[The Hague][I seize my prey, but I’ve an intimation,
of a disagreeable sensation.]
On our right of the bull’s head is a crane’s head devouring a snake, with:
"De adder die me is aanbevoolen
Maakt nog zo wat caprioolen" .
[The Hague again] [The snake comes with recommendations
yet continues to make gyrations.]
In the upper corner, on our left, three swallows are flying away, with the following remark,
"Met ‘t Lot te vreen zyn we in de vrye lucht."
[We are contented with our fate in the open air.]
On our right, in the upper corner, are three more swallows, with:
"Lichte voglen schraal van veeren
Konden ‘t lichtst actioneeren"
[Light birds, with few feathers, could most easily trade in Shares.]
Below the bull’s head is the head of a monk blowing vigorously, with:
"Al blaas ik nog zo sterk
Ik doe maar munniks werk"
[Monnickendam] [However strongly I blow, I only do monks’ work (pointless work)]
On our left of the frame, at the side, hangs a bird in a cage, with:
"Bedrieglyk lok-aas brengt me in de ysre vlucht"
(A deceitful bait brought me to the iron cage.]
Below the bird a pair of spectacles hang, with:
"De Actien der Brillen
Zyn voor al de oude lien te nut om te bedillen".
[The spectacles’ Actions (Shares) to elders are too useful to belittle.]
Below the spectacles is a cheese, with a knife stuck in it; to this refers:
"Men snyd de kaas te dik / Elk keeft er voor een schrik"
[Alkmaar][They cut the cheese too thick. Every one was afraid of it.]
Several herrings hang next below the cheese, with:
"Pan haring om een stuiver"
[Enkhuizen] Pan-herrings, fifty for a penny.]
Below the herrings is a drum, with:
"’t Kalfsvel van de Actie trom / Maakte meer als kaar burgers dom",
[The calf’s-skin of the Actions-drum made more than all the burghers dumb.]
A fisherman stands below the drum, holding a net, saying:
"Het zy ik vis of niet / ‘t Blyft alles int verdriet ".
[Whether I fish or not, everything is full of grief.]
The fisherman is sweeping his net along the bottom of the sea and missing several coins:
"’t Geld van de grond weer op te vissen
‘t Zonk te diep, het zal my missen".
[The Money on the bottom I try
If you like my furniture for LittleFee and you would like to have it for your little bjd, please, let me know. I’m sure I can fulfil your wish 🙂